About UsA career at UT Southwestern Medical Center is your chance to be part of an amazing team at a nationally recognized and dynamic academic medical center where education, research and great medical care come together.
Founded in 1943, we employ world-class medical and scientific faculty, including 6 Nobel Laureates, 21 members of the National Academy of Sciences (NAS)—one of the highest honors attainable by an American scientist—and 19 members of the prestigious Institute of Medicine—a component of the NAS. Our faculty is responsible for groundbreaking medical advances and is committed to translating science-driven research quickly to new clinical treatments.
UT Southwestern Medical Center offers extensive inpatient services at William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital and Zale Lipshy University Hospital, as well as at a network of affiliated hospitals in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Complementing our hospitals, UT Southwestern’s outpatient clinics offer treatment for specific disorders while delivering access to the latest medical breakthroughs. Staffed with highly trained medical professionals, our outpatient clinics work in close collaboration with all UT Southwestern disciplines.Our University Hospitals:
- Zale Lipshy University Hospital: With 152 beds, it is home to one of the world’s premier neurological treatment centers. Its neuroangiography unit is a vitally important factor in the diagnosis and treatment of neurological disease. Physicians specialize in diagnosing and treating patients with neurovascular disease, stroke, Parkinson’s, and other neurologic diseases as well as neurologic malignancies. It is also a treatment center for hematologic malignancies, urology, ophthalmology, oral surgery, psychiatry, rehabilitation and other services.
- William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital: A new $800 million state-of-the-art clinical facility opened in late 2014, this 12-floor, 460-bed hospital replaced St. Paul University Hospital. Named in honor of the legendary Texas governor in recognition of his 2009 gift of $100 million to the Southwestern Medical Foundation for the benefit of UT Southwestern, Clements University Hospital offers world-class facilities and technologies. Patients receive care in cardiology, emergency medicine, general surgery, vascular surgery, oncologic surgery as well as hematologic malignancies, obstetrics and gynecology, and orthopedics. It also houses all of the solid organ transplant programs, as well as a Level III neonatal intensive care unit.
- Stroke Network: UT Southwestern is one of the nation’s top stroke treatment centers, treating more aneurysm cases than any other facility in the Southwest. A state of Texas designated Level 1 Comprehensive Stroke Center, UT Southwestern also is the first medical center in the nation to receive the Joint Commission’s Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center certification for dual-hospital stroke care, which combines the care and expertise delivered at both Clements University Hospital and Zale Lipshy University Hospital.
- Eleven of our specialties earned national recognition from U.S. News & World Report for 2014–15.
- For the fourth consecutive year, we've earned a place on Hospitals & Health Networks' "Most Wired" list.