Account Adjuster - MSRDP Billing Operations - Physician Billing & Support
Categories: Insurance / Billing
Department: MSRDP Dmgrphcs Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
High school diploma and at least two (2) years bookkeeping/clerical experience is required. At least one (1) year related work experience in a data entry, healthcare and/or insurance environment is preferred.
- Reviews patient accounts for incorrect posting which may include: contacting insurance companies, patients and researching insurance payments to identify and correct posting errors; reviewing credit reports and age reports to identify posting problems and completing charge reversals.
- Issues refunds to patients and third party carriers for overpayment of duplicate payment.
- Identifies and resolves credits posted to patient accounts and corrects overpayment.
- Batches all paperwork and balances all batches.
- Transfers payments between invoices and/or accounts.
- Performs other adjustments or corrections to patient accounts as required.
- Posts payments to patient accounts.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.