Accounting Clerk II - Accounting & Fiscal Services - Accounting Admin
Categories: Administrative / Clerical Support
Department: Acct Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
High school diploma or equivalent and three (3) years related experience.
- Provides working supervision to Accounting Clerks.
- Prepares monthly and annual reconciliation of ledger accounts and other accounts as assigned to department.
- Prepares, produces, balances, and posts financial department data.
- Posts completed account information to verify accounts are balanced.
- Resolves discrepancies with departments, both written and verbal, regarding discrepancies in departmental data.
- Establishes new accounts for income received from private grants.
- May monitor grant budgets for allowable expenditures and resolve all discrepancies.
- May produce financial reports for management regarding standing on individual accounts in addition to overall departmental financial status.
- Performs duties of supervisor in their absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.