Categories: Faculty / Physician
Department: Psychiatry-General Adult Psych
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Department of Psychiatry is actively recruiting an Addiction Psychiatrist to provide healthcare services for patients seeking addiction treatment. This is an open rank position; academic rank of appointment will be commensurate with experience.
Scope of Responsibilities:
• Coordination with Parkland leadership to develop, implement addiction management programs across clinical services and/or programs – e.g. Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome Program, detoxification, Pain Management, IP/OP Psychiatric services and Psych ED.
• Supervision of educational outreach on addiction management to the community, community-oriented primary care clinics, nursing units, physicians, house staff, case managers, pharmacists, dieticians, and other care providers at Parkland.
• Treatment of patients with addiction or unhealthy substance use
• Development and coordination of collaborative research, teaching and clinical efforts between Parkland Health & Hospital System and The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
Skills or Special Abilities:
• Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the appropriate specialty practice assessment techniques and treatment processes.
• Must be able to determine objectives, set priorities, and establish and meet target dates.
• Must be able to work effectively with other health care professionals and serve as a subject matter expert resource to health care providers at Parkland.
• Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behavior.
The selected candidate must have or be able to obtain a Texas Medical License, must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in General Psychiatry, must have completed fellowship training in Addiction Psychiatry and/or be Board Certified in Addiction Psychiatry. The ideal candidate will have a commitment to an academic career as a clinician-educator. Bilingual Spanish is a plus. Applicants must be eligible for permanent employment in the U.S.
Interested applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to PsychRecruit@UTSouthwestern.edu.
To the extent provided by applicable law, no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored or conducted by The University of Texas System or any of its component institutions, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability.