Administative Associate Senior - Internal Medicine
Categories: Administrative / Clerical Support
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
Prepares or assists in preparing annual budget for division or unit for approval by department management, including analyzing financial status, projecting income and expenditures, and allocating funding sources for division faculty and staff. Monitors budget, including income and expenditures.
Maintains or coordinates maintenance of budgets and grants of division or unit, including approving expenditures and preparing financial reports as needed. Reconciles accounts on monthly basis; conducts overall review for overdrafts and appropriateness of expenditures.
Supervises staff members and provides training. Coordinates faculty and staff recruitment for division or unit. Exercises decision-making authority regarding hiring, disciplinary action, and terminating staff. Approves on-line forms or paperwork to appoint, terminate, change titles and/or salary, or accomplish other personnel changes. Coordinates and/or prepares staff performance evaluations and recommendations for merit increases.
Coordinates space needs, renovations, and all division operational services. Coordinates and recommends purchase of capital and non-capital equipment.
Assists in preparation of major grant applications or status reports on current grants by coordinating gathering of information from principal investigators or other appropriate personnel; ensures timely submission of grants.
Ensures division/unit patient billing is submitted accurately and timely, including charge capture and coding. Reviews patient account receivables, third party payer denials, and billing appeals.
Prepares or coordinates preparation of complex reports, which require significant contact with other departments and outside organizations.
Designs and executes system of internal controls, which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, and financial information is reliable.
Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for recruiting and onboarding classified staff for the division.
- Responsible for supervising, mentoring, developing and training 14 administrative staff including addressing employment relations and HR issues.
- Responsible for administrative oversight such as records management, Kronos approvals, approves on-line forms or paperwork to appoint, terminate, change titles and/or salary, access requests, space inventory management and accomplish other personnel changes.
- Manages and directs administrative and business functions of division or unit with responsibility for establishing, reviewing, and revising internal procedures, interpreting policies of division, department, or university for unit's personnel, supervising clerical operations, managing workflow for maximum efficiency, evaluating work progress, and determining work priorities.
- Exercises decision-making authority regarding hiring, disciplinary action, and terminating staff.
- Coordinates and supervises major or very complex programs, activities and special functions, including ensuring timely and efficient operations to accomplish objectives.
- Provides professional support on special projects, which may include tasks such as: collection, organization, and analysis of relevant data, preparation of time lines, and writing reports while working on various high level projects and formulating budgets.
- Assists in preparation of major grant applications or status reports on current grants by coordinating gathering of information from principal investigators or other appropriate personnel; ensures timely submission of grants and performs all other duties assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.