Administrative Manager - Anesthesiology & Pain Management
Department: Anesthesiology & Pain Mgmt
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or directly related field and six (6) years related experience, including a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Serves as the administrator for a clinical or basic science department/center and works closely with Human Resources, Budget and Financial departments, as well as Dean's offices. Manages daily operations of the department/center by coordinating effectively with other parts of the institution and establishing effective working relationships with organizational peers. Implements institutional policies and procedures while directly administering daily activities to include personnel administration, recruitment, academic/educational appointments and grant and/or financial management. May also include operational oversight of both clinical and bench research and/or patient care clinics and clinical laboratories.
- In collaboration with the Office of Human Resources, administers human resource activities to include coordinating the recruitment, appointment, credentialing, international visas, promotion and tenure actions and evaluation of educational appointees, staff and faculty. Establishes, develops and implements departmental performance standards taking all actions necessary to assure standards are met.
- Responsible for ensuring effective onboarding and orientation of all new faculty and staff and providing high levels of customer service to all department employees.
- Supervises departmental administrative and/or accounting support staff. May also supervise billing and/or clinic managers.
- Ensures the timely credentialing of department providers in Medicare, Medicaid, other governmental and private insurance and managed care plans.
- May oversee coding operations and the reconciliation process of claims generated to reduce the number of lost charges and to increase the number of accurate claims.
- May prepare, justify, monitor and administer budgets for the department/center and its related programs including expense and income tracking, monthly account balances. May oversee department accounting and budgeting activities and coordinate department financial operations including providing required budgetary and financial reports.
- May serve as the primary liaison for business activities within the department. Demonstrates commitment to improving service and product quality for internal and external customers. Designs systems and processes which enhance efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls and ensure the integrity of the department (quality control). Assures that effective internal controls are developed and maintained to ensure integrity of the Department/Divisions/Institution.
- May coordinate and assist in the preparation of grant proposals and contractual agreements and associated budgets; ensure the timely submission of proposals or agreements which meet institutional mandate; provide administrative oversight of clinical and basic science research programs; assist in long-range planning for research program growth and changes in research priorities; develop and implements the research budgets; provide oversight of post award reporting requirements.
- Assists in the development of both long and short-term strategic business plans for the department. Implements such plans in a manner to achieve stated financial and operational results for the department creating analytical reports for management review.
- Interfaces with information systems to resolve computer hardware and software problems developing strategies to manage and improve departmental effectiveness. Recommends and oversees the installation of new software packages.
- Provides administrative oversight for department education programs for students, residents, and fellows including recruitment, orientation, training, records management as well as continuing education for faculty members.
- Coordinates the department's physical resource utilization including space planning, budget and inventory control, purchasing and utilization of department resources, and other property maintenance providing project management oversight in the setup and establishment of new laboratories, offices or clinical spacefor incoming faculty.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.