Administrative Assistant Senior - Pediatric Neurology
Categories: Administrative / Clerical Support
Department: Pediatric Neurology
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
High school graduation or GED and three (3) years related secretarial/administrative experience. Testing may be required.
- Relieves supervisor of variety of administrative duties, which involve thorough understanding of functions, programs, and policies of organization; may coordinate day to day operations of office; makes recommendations for changes to procedures.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of grant applications, grant budgets, manuscripts, book chapters, etc.; ensures proper format, grammar, and completeness.
- Functions as liaison with other departments, including Human Resources, Telecommunications, Physical Plant, Purchasing, and Accounting; prepares on line and paper documents as needed.
- Completes and coordinates complex projects and reports as assigned by supervisor, which may require significant contact with other departments and outside organizations and use of various computer software applications.
- Composes and/or types letters, memorandums, and other non routine and moderately complex correspondence, which does not require attention of supervisor.
- Maintains sub-ledgers and ledgers for various accounts, including reviewing expenditures and encumbrances, reconciling accounts, and ensuring appropriate use of funds.
- Plans and coordinates projects, such as meetings, appointments, conferences, seminars, and workshops; arranges for meeting facilities, hotel accommodation, transportation, refreshments, luncheons, banquets, receptions, etc.; develops and arranges printing of brochures; handles finances for program, including determination of charge to sponsoring department; establishes registration fees; processes all vouchers relating to event.
- Takes, transcribes, and distributes minutes for meetings.
- May transcribe dictation of medical or scientific terminology; ensures correct format, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other responsibilities include:
- Co-Coordinate annual New Frontiers in Pediatric Neurology CME event (Hosted By Drs. Sirsi, Castro & Golla), including taking meeting minutes
- Assist with coordination of annual Carrell-Krusen Neuromuscular Symposium (Hosted by Drs. Castro & Iannaccone, and adult Neuromuscular faculty)
- Co-Coordinate Grand Rounds speakers, hosted by division of Pediatrics Neurology
- Coordinate processing of Clinical Observers for division of Pediatrics Neurology, for faculty with
- Neurology clinics at CMC Health Specialty Center and CMC Plano/Legacy
- Attend and take minutes for neuromuscular meetings
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.