Administrative Assistant Senior - PHSC Care Management
Categories: Administrative / Clerical Support
Department: MSRDP Business Operations
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
High school graduation or GED and three (3) years related secretarial/administrative experience. Testing may be required.
- Relieves supervisor of variety of administrative duties, which involve thorough understanding of functions, programs, and policies of organization; may coordinate day to day operations of office; makes recommendations for changes to procedures.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of grant applications, grant budgets, manuscripts, book chapters, etc.; ensures proper format, grammar, and completeness.
- Functions as liaison with other departments, including Human Resources, Telecommunications, Physical Plant, Purchasing, and Accounting; prepares on line and paper documents as needed.
- Completes and coordinates complex projects and reports as assigned by supervisor, which may require significant contact with other departments and outside organizations and use of various computer software applications.
- Composes and/or types letters, memorandums, and other non routine and moderately complex correspondence, which does not require attention of supervisor.
- Maintains sub-ledgers and ledgers for various accounts, including reviewing expenditures and encumbrances, reconciling accounts, and ensuring appropriate use of funds.
- Plans and coordinates projects, such as meetings, appointments, conferences, seminars, and workshops; arranges for meeting facilities, hotel accommodation, transportation, refreshments, luncheons, banquets, receptions, etc.; develops and arranges printing of brochures; handles finances for program, including determination of charge to sponsoring department; establishes registration fees; processes all vouchers relating to event.
- Takes, transcribes, and distributes minutes for meetings.
- May transcribe dictation of medical or scientific terminology; ensures correct format, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
Administrative support is needed to efficiently run the departments, keep information up to date and support the initiatives of the health system with care coordination.
- Ordering supplies for care coordination and patient navigation
- Service requests for new employees, setting them up in the various programs needed by each department (i.e.right fax)
- Kronos - managing the Kronos online attendance program and attendance letters in patient navigation
- FedEx and Courier Service requests for medical records
- Reformatting documents - maintaining share point site, making sure all documents have the same look and feel for ease of use
- PeopleSoft for ordering supplies and HCM for assisting with recruiting efforts
- Print shop ordering for ordering business cards, flyers etc.
- Updating contact information
- Setting up for new employees (including creating welcome binders for clinical staff)
- Processing Expense Reports
- Entering time off requests to appropriate calendars once they have been approved by the managers
- Ordering Uniforms/Scrubs
- Create meeting agendas for staff meetings and take meeting minutes; then send those minutes out to invited attendees
- Setting or adjusting badge access for the floor
- Ordering business cards and name plates as needed and approved
- Tracking and managing the distribution of equipment such as computers, keyboards, monitors, MiFis, etc.
- Other tasks as necessary such as organizing seat change requests, corresponding with services like Telecom or IR for things needing to be fixed, etc.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.