Administrative Specialist - Office of the President
Categories: Administrative / Clerical Support
Department: Ofc of the President - Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
2. Directs or prepares reports which require significant contact with other departments and outside organizations.
3. Coordinates and interacts with other executives, chairs, administrators and their associates both internally and externally at the local, state, national and international levels.
4. Maintains broad knowledge of the organization to effectively carry out the internal and external relationships of the office.
5. Demonstrates the ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
6. Uses independent discretionary decision making to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines in an efficient and effective manner.
7. Completes assigned projects, with sense of urgency, taking a holistic approach to problem solving, completeness and delivering expected results.
8. Provides quality customer service to guests and customers in person or on the telephone.
9. Manages supplies, inventories and ensuring the proper operation of office equipment.
10. Provides input and suggestions to policies and procedures relating to workflow guidelines.
11. Identifies operational problems and implements changes to provide solutions.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES (may include some or all of the following activities):
1. Serves as the initial point of contact for the President's Office.
2. Manages multiple phone lines, exercising a high degree of judgment, discretion, and understanding, in some cases regarding medical terminology or complex medical situations.
3. Manages independently a calendar and schedule for the executive(s), ensuring that meeting requests are appropriately prioritized and balancing the number of meetings scheduled with adequate time in the office for individual work.
4. Responsible for creating and submitting business transactions in PeopleSoft for the Office of the Presidents, including, but not limited to, the payment of invoices, requisitions and travel expense reports and other reimbursements accurately and on a timely basis.
5. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the following forms and procedures: Off-Campus Retreats; Official Function Requests for events exceeding $2500; Consultant/Lecturer Requests; and Permission to Serve Alcoholic Beverages, serves as a resource to departments on the policies associated with each form, provides instruction to departments on the timely/accurate completion of requests, researches and makes recommendations on the approval of requests, maintains an electronic filing system related to the forms, tracks annual expenditures by department/event for Official Functions.
6. Maintain online Institutional Standing Committee list; updates database annually and as membership changes are submitted to the President's Office throughout the year; prepares written communications on behalf of the President to committee members.
7. Prepare congratulatory letters from the President to faculty for various recognitions.
8. Coordinates travel arrangements for the President's intrastate travel.
9. Reviews status of financial transactions in PeopleSoft and take appropriate action to ensure the resolution of any issues.
10. Assists in the coordination and execution of special events, including, but not limited to, lunches, awards ceremonies, lectures, or other special activities sponsored by the President's Office.
11. Provide administrative support, as needed, for the Office of Community and Corporate Relations.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.