Adult Congenital Heart Disease Family Nurse Practitioner
Categories: Advanced Practice Provider
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
American Heart Association (AHA) are required.
Performs physical exams according to departmental protocols.
Obtains and interprets laboratory tests according to departmental protocols.
Assesses patient database and identifies biopsychosocial needs.
Develops and implements patient management plans, following nursing processes and procedures identified in standing orders.
Recognizes deviations from normal in-body systems and refers to appropriate medical/social resources.
Initiates and manages preventative healthcare services.
Provides relevant counseling and education to patients and significant others within role limitations.
Facilitates teamwork through planned group processes, i.e. workshops, seminars, and staff meetings.
Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Obtains complete histories and performs physical exams with assessment of normal and abnormal findings of new and follow up patients in the ACHD clinic, serving as a transition care provider between UT Southwestern and Children's Medical Center Campuses.
- Provides collaborative care with ACHD providers, including generating complete notes, developing and executing treatment plans under the direct supervision of ACHD providers, using a shared services model.
- Orders and coordinates ACHD procedures (including TEE, cardioversion, diagnostic and interventional cath procedures, EP procedures, pacemaker procedures), surgical consultations with ACHD surgeons at Children's, and coordinates follow up after ACHD surgeries.
- Orders appropriate referrals to other specialities.
- Improve acess of care for ACHD patients
- Coordination and organization of the Adult Congenital Surgical Conference, held at least monthly.
- Assist with inpatient consultations for ACHD patients at both Children's Medical Center and Clements University Hospital.
- Help create and support the planned Patient Family Advisory Council
- Ongoing education and counseling of patients and their families about their healthcare issues.
Experienced provider or RN in pediatric cardiology, pediatric CVICU or similar is highly desireable.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.