Ambulatory RN - Clinical Center at Las Colinas
Department: UTSW Clinical Cntr Las Colinas
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
2. Schedules patients' appointments, tests, and procedures via on-line computer system or telephone, and reinforces physician instructions in person and through telephone contact.
3. Provides patient education and documents patient's response in medical record.
4. Ensures appropriate patient consents and authorizations are obtained for research and/or medical treatment.
5. Triages patient phone inquiries according to physician and/or departmental protocols and documents such actions in patients' medical records.
6. Provides working supervision and delegates tasks to licensed vocational nurses, non-licensed medical staff, or office support personnel.
7. Proficiency in electronic medical record documentation.
8. Participates in the recommendation of policy and/or procedural changes according to nursing expertise.
9. Prepares equipment and assists physicians during physical exams and medical procedures. Prepares and administers medications as prescribed by physician.
10. Inspects equipment and facilities visually and physically to ensure patient safety and proper functioning of equipment. Maintains adequate stock of supplies as required for work area.
11. Attends and participates in meetings related to clinical activities.
12. Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
The ideal candidate will have ER, ICU or strong Med/Surg experience. Highly desired qualities are as follows-- high functioning, quick learner, hard worker, attention to detail, responsible, attentive and personable with patients, enjoys people, is patient, communicates clearly and respectfully and engages with patients, including older patients. Experience in ambulatory setting is highly preferred. Candidates need to be able to work in a team based setting.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.