Categories: Faculty / Physician
Department: Physician Assistant Studies
Full/Part Time/PRN: Part-Time
The Southwestern School of Health Professions at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is seeking applicants for a part-time, 12 month, faculty position at Assistant Professor (non-tenured, clinical scholar) rank in the Department of Physician Assistant Studies
- Graduate from an accredited PA Program
- An earned Master’s degree in science education preferred
- Current NCCPA certification
- Eligibility for Texas PA licensure
- Prior experience in PA education classroom and small group teaching is required
Description of Duties
- Combination of classroom and small group teaching
- Student mentoring and graduate project advising
- Admissions activities
- Curriculum development
- Participation in professional scholarly activities
The program’s close affiliation with Southwestern Medical School provides faculty an opportunity to become involved in research and development as well as being in an environment conducive to educational and technological advancements.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.