Business Analyst - IR Operations Administration
Categories: Information Technology
Department: IR - Operations Administration
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
Assists managers with development and implementation of operational plans for new and existing business computer applications, including preparation of user specifications.
Coordinates testing of new applications and changes to existing applications to ensure integrity and quality of data while providing and/or assisting in training of system users.
Compiles complete, concise, and comprehensive policies and operation procedures to assist in communicating Information Resources issues to applicable management staff.
Assists in development of new system administrative procedures required, utilizing new functionality resulting from system changes.
Assists in developing and implementing business Information Resources strategies to improve operational processing and productivity.
Responsible for monitoring development of specifications and establishing priorities for accomplishing design and testing of various projects.
Reviews, develops, recommends, and implements activities related to assigned activity, program, or function.
Maintains and tracks accounts assigned to projects or programs.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Job Duties:
- Use Quest Software's Stat Application Change Management software to monitor and review planned software changes for Business Administrative Systems (BAS) and the associated, required documentation for compliance with department and audit policies.
- Coordinate and conduct weekly BAS Change Management and inter-divisional meetings and migration of software updates and customizations.
- Work with BAS team leaders and members to meet documentation compliance requirements.
- Maintain system configuration and user maintenance functions in Stat application.
- Attend weekly IR Change Management meetings and report on projects and changes that involve downtime of BAS production systems or other systems supported by AAIR Operations.
- Use ServiceNow Change Management application to monitor IR system changes that may affect BAS applications or customers and submit Change Requests for production downtimes. This may also include other systems supported by AAIR Operations.
- Provide productivity reports, as requested, from Stat and ServiceNow applications.
- Coordinate notification efforts of upcoming downtime with BAS teams and affected users. This may also include other systems supported by AAIR Operations.
- Be familiar with change management and project management documentation contained in the BAS MS SharePoint site and departmental drive(s). Provide maintenance as necessary.
- Become familiar with Change Management and Project Management best practices and contribute to continuous process improvement.
- May assist with development and maintenance of system testing documentation, including test scripts.
- May assist with application/system testing.
- May assist with projects; including requirements gathering, project documentation, schedule development and maintenance, monitoring and status reporting. Use project management methodology to assist BAS teams in proper procedures and documentation.
- May assist with meeting Agenda preparation and Minutes
- Other duties as assigned
- May require after hours or weekend hours occasionally for urgent or time-sensitive system changes or for scheduled or unscheduled downtime.
Preferred Education, Experience, Skills:
- Bachelor's degree
- Software Change Management familiarity or experience (ex. ITIL)
- Experience using Microsoft SharePoint, Visio, Project, and SharePoint a plus
- Familiarity with software application development (ex. SDLC)
- Project Management familiarity or experience (ex. PMI)
- Ability to manage multiple activities
- Strong planning skills
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to present and discuss information and issues in meeting settings
- Negotiation and conflict management skills
- Skilled using Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.