CASH CTRL TEAM LEAD - BROOKRIVER
Categories: Insurance / Billing
Department: University Hospitals
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
One year certificate from college or technical school.
Completes the daily posting of all cash receipts and adjustments transactions received utilizing the appropriate service codes according to departmental procedures.
Contacts insurance companies to resolve reimbursement documentation and other posting issues. Conducts appropriate research to accurately complete all required transactions.
Investigates and resolves unidentified transactions no later the fifth day of the following month in which they are received, according to departmental procedures.
Investigates and resolves reactivated account transactions no later than two business days from the date in which they are received, according to departmental procedures.
Accurately inputs activity/comment codes for denials an correspondence.
Process plan code changes accurately, according to departmental procedures.
1. Reconcile all posted cash daily. Report any unbalanced totals to Supervisor.
2. Perform necessary steps to correct all errors listed on TCE reports. Report any trends to Supervisor.
3. Research missing payments and update patient account in a timely manner.
4. Utilize systems tools and department resources to achieve production and quality targets for resolution of patient accounts.
5. Provide assistance in cash posting.
6. Provide assistance in file room
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.