Catering Attendant - Full Time
Categories: Campus Services
Department: University Hospitals
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
2. Maintains and promotes a positive work environment with both internal and external customers. Ability to interact with Senior Leadership and be their point of contact for Catering events.
3. Assemble, set up, deliver, and serve (if requested) catering requests, maintaining an on-going sense of urgency, attention to detail, and following food safety procedures for delivery scheduled catered events.
4. Retrieve catered deliveries at scheduled event end time. Cleans room and follows procedures for sanitation. Cleans and sanitizes work area and equipment at end of shift.
5. Maintains Doctor's Lounge by assembling salads, delivering soup, maintaining cleanliness and stocking throughout service. Cleans and sanitizes area at end of meal period.
6. Review scheduled catering events for the day and plan delivery schedule, help prep food items as needed. Driving vehicle if needed to deliver caterings. Assist with floor stock as needed.
7. Prepare catering carts for following day, ensuring all necessary utensils and equipment are present.
8. Secure pantries at end of service period. Wrap, label, date and properly store all food items in accordance to safe food handling techniques, practices and guidelines.
9. Attends in-service meetings and other required training and meetings as directed. Completes My Learning within allotted timeframe (2013 completed quarterly).
10. Reports defective equipment/supplies and unusual conditions to supervisor. Responsible for catering equipment, including inventory and tracking of missing items. Alerts Supervisor to Customer issues and Complaints, Maintains a professional demeanor and appearance.
11. Review CaterTrax online Catering sheets, make adjustments from customers as needed. Use excel spread sheets for additional past catering information.
12. Press Ganey at 95% or Higher.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.