Chemotherapy Scheduling Coordinator
Categories: Administrative / Clerical Support
Department: University Hospitals
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
Three (3) years of experience as described above, with either two (2) years of college, or completion of a certified medical office assistant program preferred.
Prior experience in oncology/chemotherapy treatment required.
2. May provide pre-certification of procedures to ensure coverage and proper billing; may obtain insurance pre-certification from external referring physician offices, and contact insurance carriers for confirmation.
3. Responsible for accurately entering scheduling, insurance and registration information into the appropriate system(s).
4. Maintains and monitors chemotherapy resources to keep utilization maximized; advises supervisor of under and over block times, so appropriate staffing levels and patients can be managed safely.
5. Identifies and reconcile patient appointments with orders to ensure all patients are scheduled appropriately and timely. Notifies nurse/physician of any discrepancy in patient care so that remedy can be implemented.
6. Acts as a liaison with other departmental schedulers when needed for the coordination of multiple appointments and/or procedures to ensure patients are efficiently scheduled.
7. May research claims on payment denials from third-party carriers for pre-certified procedures.
8. Adheres to patient privacy act HIPAA, and confidentiality policy at all times.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.