Clinical Research Coordinator - Otolaryngology Research
Categories: Research & Laboratory Support
Department: OTO-HNS Research
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Master's degree in basic sciences, business administration, or related field and three (3) years progressive research/grant administration and coordination experience.
Bachelor's degree in basic sciences, business administration, or related field and five (5) years progressive research/grant administration and coordination experience.
- Develops Quality Management Program for clinical research program to achieve accreditation.
- Ensures regulatory compliance of clinical research program.
- Develops and maintains website for marketing clinical research program.
- Develops system for data collection and management of clinical research program registry information.
- Coordinates development of clinical research program laboratory.
- Coordinates interface between clinical research program and basic/clinical research collaborators at university and other institutions.
- Provides general scientific support for clinical research program staff and university business office.
- Assists in developing and implementing research studies to include writing clinical trials.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.