Categories: Administrative / Clerical Support
Department: University Hospitals
Full/Part Time/PRN: PRN
Experience and Education
2. Accurately identifies most appropriate Reason for Visit, First Listed (Primary) Diagnosis, Procedure(s), Modifiers, and all secondary diagnoses to accurately support medical necessity (LCD/NCD edits) and CCI edits.
3. Accurately abstracts required data elements including, discharge disposition, discharge destination, procedure dates and physician(s), Occurrence Codes, and other designated data.
4. a) Identifies when a physician query is appropriate for further clarification. b) Recognizes when the documentation is missing or incomplete and routes appropriately. c) Validates chargemaster driven CPT code assignment and routes appropriately. d) Completes review and final coding when query and/or documentation is available.
5. Maintain the Quality Standards set by UTSW/HIM Coding.
6. Maintain the Productivity Standards set by UTSW/HIM Coding.
7. Mentor/train on designated coding service lines as requested to ensure quality.
8. Maintains an expert level of knowledge of coding related guidelines and practices.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.