Contracts Specialist - MSRDP Business Operations - Managed Care Contracting
Department: MSRDP Mngd Care Cntrctng Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration, or related field and four (4) years experience in business or public administration with emphasis on customer service in financial or contracting position. Advanced degree (Master's of Juris Doctor) preferred.
1. Drafts and reviews contract documents.
2. Revises contract language to meet legal requirements, including University policies, UT System policies, and applicable state and federal laws.
3. Negotiates contract terms with other parties, which require communication with various levels of legal and business professionals as well as following up with contracting agencies.
4. Maintains communication with University customers, including faculty, administration, and executive staff concerning contract negotiations, process and status. This includes follow up on pending documents.
5. Interprets contract terms and conditions.
6. Requests or approves amendments to contract terms or contract extensions.
7. Drafts correspondence related to the contract negotiation process.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Under the direction of the Director, this position will be responsible for the implementation and renewal of managed care transplant and Centers of Excellence contracts for the medical center and physicians.
- Negotiate new and existing transplant hospital and physician contracts in a timely manner.
- Negotiate individual agreements for out of area and non-contracted businesses.
- Respond to all inquiries relating to managed care transplant and COE contracts from medical center personnel, physicians and/or physician’s office staff.
- Resolves issues relating to health plan credentialing, claims payment, referral management, and various administrative issues.
- Interprets contract language and ensures that the terms of contracts are communicated and implemented accurately within the system.
- Assist in the renewal of ancillary service and member hospital managed care contracts.
- Coordinates payer reporting requirements and ensures all requirements are submitted accurately and timely.
- Coordinates site visits required for credentialing and accreditation designation for new and existing programs.
- Coordinates implementation of effective procedures for management of transplant agreements; maintain regular communications with personnel in assigned clinical centers.
- Communicates new or revised contract arrangements to internal personnel, including business operations, decision support and others as required.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
- Participate in regularly scheduled operations meetings and internal operational staff.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.