CT TECHNOLOGIST - PRN, FLEX HOURS @ CLEMENTS UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
Department: University Hospitals
Full/Part Time/PRN: PRN
Experience and Education
2. Interviews patient (two patient identifier), conducts patient screening and obtains medical history pertaining to procedure¿s clinical criteria. Explains procedure and instructs patient on necessary requirements needed to provide diagnostic images. Answers questions, screening, and administration for oral and IV contrast for relevant exams. Administers intravenous injections of contrast material as appropriate, while observing patients for adverse reactions. Assists the physician as needed in performing procedures. Ensures that images and information are properly documented with patient identification data and appropriate labeling.
3. Utilizes technical knowledge and skills to perform procedures accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with age specific criteria. Completes exam charges and image documentation in a timely manner. Performs CT exams ensuring that patient meets radiation safety requirements to ALARA principles.
4. Responds to inquiries/calls/emails in a timely and professional manner. Utilizes the organizational culture behaviors to include PACT and AIDET. Actively participates in codes and rapid responses. Communicates shift hand off regarding workflow issues with equipment or pending exams with oncoming staff. Engages in equitable distribution of departmental workloads.
5. Actively participates in providing orientation and training for new hires and students ensuring that procedures are performed according to set standards.
6. Functions in the department as a part of an interdisciplinary team, and collaborates in the care and service delivery process of patient care through effective communication with other service lines.
7. Prioritizes exams with scheduling exams to ensure smooth workflow, minimize wait times and address stat requests.
8. Adheres to hospital policies, procedures, competencies, regulatory compliance, infection control, hospital education, new yearly metrics/department goals, patient satisfaction, and fiscally responsible with regards to equipment, supplies scheduling, overtime, etc.
9. Quality Control ~ Performs QC testing and reports problems with CT system and workstations to the service engineer/biomed, with additional correspondence sent to the physicist and imaging leadership.
10. Maintains various QA compliances including ACR requirements (ex. daily, monthly, yearly QC) and archives. Participates in accreditation imaging requirements. Must be able to lift 40-50lbs.
11. Maintains patient confidentiality (HIPAA) and ensures that all processes and procedures are maintained to secure and protect all workstations in all work areas.
12. Assist patient in dressing for exam and attends to patient's physical well-being while transporting to and from exam room and positioning for exam. Instructs/communicates with patient and/or patient's family (as appropriate) regarding the tests to be performed and evaluates the patient's ability to tolerate.13. Research as applicable: Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; b) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.