Data Center Operations Specialist II
Categories: Information Technology
Department: IR Sys & Ops Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
High school graduation or GED plus completion of up to one (1) year vocational school or college, or 2 years of hands on hardware/ software technical experience required. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients.
- Monitors servers and applications and other peripheral systems for alarms and alerts.
- Monitor and ensures that server room facilities and equipment are in working order.
- Document and escalates alarms and insure resolution.
- Monitor, triage and log incidents using our incident tracking system.
- Support batch printing tasks and maintain production printers.
- Support loading, unloading and tracking of back up media.
- Manage, create and monitor network print queues.
- Maintain daily operations log.
- Support management with administrative duties supporting the procurement process and working with vendors.
- Provide order status, process received assists, update asset information, etc.; Assist senior operation specialists with project support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.