DIAGNOSTIC TECHNOLOGIST @ RICHARDSON CLINIC
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
Department: University Hospitals
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
Diagnostic radiologic technology experience required. Graduate of AMA approved Radiology Technology school required.
2.General Job Responsibilities: Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition and ensures that it is properly supplied for procedures. Demonstrates conscious effort to be good stewards of hospital resources to ensure facility financial goals are met. Check equipment and accessories to ensure proper working order and notifies appropriate personnel for repairs. Responds to inquiries/calls regarding procedures in a timely manner. Communicates problems on shift with equipment or pending exams with appropriate staff. Engages in equitable distribution of departmental workloads. Participates in a learning experience with new employees and students. Assists with scheduling and coordinating exams as appropriate to ensure smooth workflow. Performs quality control on assigned equipment and reports issues timely. Attends departmental and facility meetings/classes (minimum 90% attendance). Completes required courses/modules on time. Performs pertinent duties in the best interest of patients, personnel and the facility as assigned. Adheres to departmental time, attendance and tardiness guidelines. Wears employee ID and follows dress code policy. As appropriate, may assume supervisory responsibilities in the absence of the designated supervisor. Participates in all regulatory compliance activities.
3. Patient Interaction: Verifies the patient's identification using the forms of ID as outlined in the hospital policies. Communicates with patients clearly and in a professional manner. Ensures proper patient preparation, verifies screening protocols, and answers questions. Evaluates patient's history and symptoms for the procedure's clinical criteria. Assist patient in dressing for exam room and attends to patient's physical well-being while transporting to and from exam room and table, and positioning for exam. Instructs/communicates with patient and/or patient's family (as appropriate) regarding the tests to be performed and assesses the patient's ability to tolerate exam. Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge, continued education and skills to provide appropriate care for the following age groups (specific to department): newborn, pediatric, young adult, adult and geriatric.
4. Exam Performance: Verifies the requisition/chart for valid written order, priority date, ordering comments, physician's notes, precautions and patient consent forms. Performs high quality imaging examinations according to exam protocol in a timely manner. Assists the physician as needed in performing additional imaging or biopsy procedures. Ensures that images and records are properly completed with patient identification data and appropriate labeling. Utilizes technical knowledge and skills to perform procedures accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with age specific criteria. Completes exam charges and image documentation and forwards to radiologist in a timely manner. Administers intravenous injections of contrast material as appropriate, observes patients for adverse reactions.
5. Job Performance May Include: Monitors and trains students in all areas of current competencies. Assists in the orientation and training of new staff. Leads the work of technologists ensuring that procedures are performed according to standards. Participates in the modality specific QA/QC program and ensures compliance with regulations. Participates in various accreditation processes as directed.
6. Maintain Patient Satisfaction scores at 85th percentile or higher.
7. Decrease expenses in areas of supply management by 8. Decrease overtime by 9. Ensures safety and cleanliness of work areas. Keeps workstation area neat and clean. Uses hand hygiene to ensure infection control precautions.
10. Responds promptly and accurately to all requests, problems, and questions from those in need of assistance. Minimizes wait time and intervenes to eliminate delays in patient care. Maintains productivity goals and standards set by department. Reduce wait time in ambulatory clinics.
11. Functions in the department as a part of an interdisciplinary team, and, as such participates in the care and service delivery process through effective communication with other team members.
12. Maintains patient confidentiality and ensures that all processes and procedures are maintained to secure and protect all workstations in all work areas.
Full time position, 8 AM - 5 PM. General Rad Tech to be based at Richardson/Plano Ambulatory Clinic. Seek person with Ortho, CTand or bone density a plus! This part time Ambulatory Clinic position, may be asked to cover other Ambulatory Imaging Clinics.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.