Dietetic Tech - Part Time
Department: University Hospitals
Full/Part Time/PRN: Part-Time
Experience and Education
2. Documents all relevant aspects of nutritional care for patients in accordance with departmental standards.
3. Generates labels, measures milk/formula, calculates additives and fills feeding orders for 24 hour period, according to physician order.
4. Adheres to all sanitary regulations and standards per policy. Responsible for safe and effective operation of equipment needed to prepare infant milk mixtures.
5. Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
6. Communicates effectively with other care providers to provide continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the patients.
7. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste,(of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness while maintaining patient safety and quality of care.
8. Responds to management, nursing, and patient requests appropriately.
Previous experience preferred
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.