Education Assistant - Internal Medicine - Cardiology
Categories: Administrative / Clerical Support
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
High school graduation or GED and three (3) years secretarial/administrative experience. Testing may be required.
- Provides administrative support for one or more of following programs within department or unit as applicable: medical student education, graduate student education, internship training, residency training, and postdoctoral fellowship programs. Relieves supervisor of variety of administrative duties, which involve thorough understanding of program(s) involved.
- Coordinates details of application and interview process for one or more of aforementioned programs as applicable, which may include responding to paper and/or electronic requests for applications, creating and maintaining applicant files, scheduling interviews, making travel and hotel arrangements for interviewees, coordinating printing and distribution of recruitment materials, etc.
- Coordinates and/or prepares forms or paperwork regarding appointment, termination, evaluation/grading, credentialling, licensure, malpractice coverage, and training verification of students, interns, residents, and/or fellows; maintains files or records and ensures completeness and accuracy.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of complex schedules for one or more of aforementioned programs as applicable; ensures accuracy of information and coordinates distribution of material to faculty, staff, and affiliated institutions as required.
- Coordinates organizational details for special events, such as seminars, teaching conferences, lecture series, summer student programs, and recruitment events, which may include preparing calendars, schedules, or promotional announcements for distribution, making travel arrangements for speakers, making arrangements for banquets/meals for large groups, coordinating registration/membership materials, etc.
- As directed, processes on-line forms for payroll, vacation/sick leave requests, malpractice insurance payments, supply ordering, and/or operations needs. May assist supervisor in monitoring program expenditures within university guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is a replacement for an employee who assumed a higher level position at the University. The position provides administrative support to the Research Training Fellowship Program in Cardiology. The program consists of hiring Postdoctoral Researchers, Visiting Senior and Junior Researchers, and Summer Interns. Works closely with the Division Chief and various Principal Investigators to help support the needs of the labs. Coordinates recruitment and onboarding, including required Departmental and Visa/citizenship forms. Works closely with the International Office, the Internal Medicine Department, and the Cardiology Division. This position also supports the hiring of researchers for the VA and Presbyterian affiliates. Manages expenditures utilizing BuyCard for all lab-related purchases. Resolves workflow issues with vendors to facilitate orders and process payments. Responsible for billing within the Division when necessary and maintaining balance tracking for shared research expenses. This position must understand and comply with University and department procedures as well.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.