Emergency Room Tech - Full Time 3pm-3am
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
Department: University Hospitals
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
2. Competency in EKG's, phlebotomy, point of care testing; reporting results to the primary RN and completing documentation. Removal of laundry and waste per unit needs.
3. Responds to patient requests for assistance in a respectful, positive and timely manner. Asks the patient and/or patients' family, "Can I do anything else for you" before leaving the room. Ensures adequate stock of supplies and proper function of unit equipment.
4. Consistently performs daily required duties. Including: stocking rooms and all mobile carts or trays, maintaining stockroom (nothing on floors or less than 18" from ceiling).
5. Makes frequent and ongoing patient rounds to comfort, position, and to provide toileting and hygiene care. Let's the patient know when you will return. Patient rarely finds it necessary to use call light.
6. Seeks assistance and guidance as needed to ensure that patient care is delivered in a safe, high quality and effective manner at all times. Assisting in creating a safe environment for patients with focus on fall prevention, keeping appropriate bed rail up, and using mobility equipment, as trained, to prevent staff or patient injury.
7. Transfers and transports patients safely and in accordance with the Department of Nursing Policies and Procedures, with concern for age-specific considerations to include admitted, discharged and patients going to and from procedures.
8. Welcomes new patient, patient's family and significant others. Maintains principals of AIDET.
9. Assumes accountability for all actions in the workplace. Reports errors promptly.
10. Orients new staff and students to work areas. Collaborates with Nursing staff and hospital employees to create an environment that is conducive to the retention of qualified personnel.
11. Attends at least 50% of scheduled staff meetings and 100% of mandatory educational sessions.
12. Utilizes downtime to assist others and/or to provide additional amenities to patients and/or patients' families.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.