Finance Manager- SWHR
Department: Fncl Affrs Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field and 5 years' progressively responsible, related experience to include at least three (3) years in supervisory capacity. CPA strongly preferred. Health care or not-for-profit accounting required.
1. Manages the preparation of the monthly financial statements through the preparation of journal entries, variance analysis and other month end close responsibilities in accordance with GAAP.
2. Understands the various subledger systems that interface with the general ledger. Trains employees on procedures related to computer system use. Participates in professional development activities to keep current with trends and practices in accounting, payroll, tax, process improvement, and health care administration.
3. Supervises staff responsible for assigned entities including developing plans, priorities and work assignments.
4. Manages the preparation of working papers, schedules, and other supporting documents for monthly close, budgets, external audit, tax reporting and other regulatory reporting.
5. Manages the timely preparation of reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
6. Provides detailed variance analysis, demonstrating judgment and the cause and effect of account transactions and reconciliations.
7. Provides direct support to the SWHR officers.
8. Able to carry out responsibilities without direct supervision and is able to coordinate with others as necessary.
Performs other duties as assigned.
For the Southwestern Health Resources legal entities (SWHR, JOC, PN, PHSC) a two person accounting team was created to manage all of the accounting fuctions. Since theat effective date of 04/01/16 an additional entity (SWHRACN) has been added to the accounting duties of the accounting shop beginning 01/01/17 with additional entities planned for FY18.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.