Financial Affairs Manager - Radiation Oncology - Kronos
Department: Rdtn Onclgy Kronos
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in Business or other related field and five (5) years experience in financial or accounting positions and two (2) years of supervisory experience.
1. Plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates financial operation of department, including financial planning, budgeting, billing, and accounting functions. Oversees establishment of department accounting procedures.
2. Constructs projections of department income and expenses, prepares yearly budgets for department, and provides regular financial reports to Chairman regarding department's financial status.
3. Interprets policies and regulations concerning department's financial activities, including university policies and procedures and Federal and State agency guidelines; takes a pro-active stance to insure compliance with medical billing federal rules and regulations and UT Southwestern policies; regularly communicates with the institutional medical billing compliance office on matters regarding compliance with billing rules.
4. Directs and develops written justification to support budget proposals, expenditure items, and financial policy matters.
5. Directs, manages, and supervises department's billing office. Develops and modifies patient billing procedures to allow optimum income generation. Assists in negotiation and establishment of contractual arrangements for professional services. Serves as as primary liaison between department and MSRDP. Serves as departmental representative on appropriate committees and meetings.
6. Develops and implements regular reporting and management level presentations to administration and faculty in department. Coordinates distribution and analysis of revenue and expenditure reports, develops presentations for department and faculty regarding clinical earning and distributions, and assists department faculty in understanding impact of financial data.
7. Coordinates processes for reviewing, analyzing, and establishing fee schedules for department and its divisions. Assists Chairman with establishment of department incentive system and oversees its maintenance.
8. Designs, executes, and maintains effective system of internal controls which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, and financial information is reliable.
9. Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.