Float Certified Medical Office Assistant - Ambulatory Services - Nurse Program
Department: Temp & Float Nurse Pgm Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
2. Performs procedures such as visual acuity, eye muscle balance, developmental and/or musculoskeletal screening. Draws blood specimens from patients and performs related clinical duties.
3. Escorts or transports patients to exam or treatment rooms.
4. Assists in care of patients by preparing exam rooms for patient care, facilitating use of diagnostic equipment, and ensuring availability of needed patient information, such as reports of diagnostic exams and medical records.
5. Takes, records, and reports patient vital signs using medical equipment.
6. Inspects equipment and facilities visually and physically to ensure patient safety and proper functioning of all equipment.
7. Serves as preceptor and resource for newly-hired medical assistants by actively participating in their integration and assimilation into the department.
8. May provide occasional working supervision to non-licensed medical and/or clerical office support personnel.
9. Functions as a clinic safety officer, verifying each employee's knowledge of fire safety and the evacuation plan for the work area.
10. Responds to patient questions regarding their accounts, billing, and insurance.
11. Documents patients care interventions and education in medical records.
12. Performs variety of administrative/clerical duties, such as receiving and scheduling patient appointments, distributing mail, and preparing reports and correspondence. Ensures appropriate patient consent and authorization forms are obtained for research and/or medical treatment.
13. Maintains current customer service, clinical, and technical skills by attending training programs and seminars to continue level of competency and ensure compliance with departmental policies and procedures. Maintains adequate stock of supplies as required for work area.
14.Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
Full Time - Float Pool
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.