Health Education Coordinator- Psychiatry- Student Mental Health
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
Department: Stdnt Mntl Hlth
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor degree in public health, education, community_health education, nursing, or equivalent, and two (2) years experience in development and implementation of education programs.
- Performs needs assessment to determine appropriate programs for target clients.
- Develops and delivers informational/educational programs for patients, family members, employees, and/or public; develops materials and resources_necessary for program implementation and evaluation.
- Stays abreast of current approaches, theories, and practices related to patient and public education.
- Evaluates health education materials.
- Develops and implements effective promotion and publicity for programs.
- Identifies need for staff or volunteer training and develops and delivers such training.
- Maintains activity records and prepares periodic reports.
- May supervise clerical employees or volunteers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Develop and conduct wellness programs to include Yoga, Meditation, Mindfulness and personal health maintenance coaching and assistance for Medical Students, Graduate Students, and Resident Physicians on campus.
Work with educational programs across campus to identify students at risk, and develop and lead wellness initiatives.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.