Healthcare Attorney - Office of the Vice President for Legal Affairs
Department: Ofc of VP Legal Affairs
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
*Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above.
2. Advises the University on all regulatory healthcare issues arising from its medical and allied health clinical practices and university hospital, and its affiliations with external group practices and hospitals (excluding medical malpractice /risk management issues), including, but not limited to, Stark and Anti-Kickback; HIPAA; physician reimbursement including governmental and private payors; JCAHO accreditation; false claims; tax; antitrust; tissue and organ transplantation; EMTALA; and collections.
3. Drafts and reviews legal documents including, but not limited to, contracts, memoranda of law, policies, procedures and litigation-related documents.
4. Participate on various healthcare committees in clinics and hospitals.
5. Shares responsibility with other Attorneys for the direction and evaluation of work to be performed by one (1) clerical/paralegal employee.
6. Manages limited litigation (other than medical malpractice) related to the medical and allied health clinical practices; interacts with UT System Office of General Counsel, the Texas Office of the Attorney General, and private counsel in the defense of claims.
Healthcare law experience preferred.
To the extent provided by applicable law, no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored or conducted by The University of Texas System or any of its component institutions, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability.