Housekeeping Attendant - Animal Resources Center
Categories: Campus Services
Department: Animal Resources Center
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Regular/Temporary: SW Temp/ARC
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
High school diploma or equivalent and previous experience in housekeeping functions is required.
- Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors, mirrors, windows, doors and walls of bathroom. Dusts furniture, woodwork, equipment and dust mops floors. Polishes and cleans fixtures in utility rooms and bathrooms. Gathers and disposes of trash and waste materials. Removes waste and soiled linens from work area and places in specific bags or containers. Wet mops rooms, halls, stairways and public areas. Prepares and supplies clean, sanitary and quality linens to patient rooms.
- Moves large items in and out of storage. Sets up and stores chairs and tables for special events.
- Provides floor care as required. Buffs, strips, waxes and polishes floors. Operates mechanical floor cleaners, polishers and vacuums. Shampoos rugs and cleans furniture. Cleans vents, fans and other equipment using vacuum. Wet mops rooms, halls, stairways and public areas.
- Performs cycle or project cleaning as directed. Assists in hanging and taking down drapes and dividers for cleaning. Moves furniture and other heavy objects as required. Moves large items in and out of storage.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, ob- jectives, quality improvement program, environmental and infection control standards. Completes and maintains job performance requirements and standards as established in Career Ladder Program. Maintains standards as required in Disciplinary Action Section of Career Ladder Program. Maintains required records, reports, and statistics as directed.
- Participates in educational programs and inservice meetings and attends meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.