HR Generalist - Compensation - Office of Human Resources
Department: Cmpnstn & Prfrmnc Mgmt Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field and two (2) years of professional experience in one or more areas of human resources.
- Provides full range of support in functional areas of human resources including, but not limited to, Benefits, Employee Relations, Workers' Compensation and Leave Administration, Recruitment, Compensation, and Organizational Development and Training.
- Maintains direct contact with employees, supervisors, and managers.
- Serves as primary contact for policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to management regarding interpretation of policies and practices affecting various divisions in human resources.
- Provides various reports upon request. Assists with statistical reports.
- Assists in ensuring accuracy of information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be able to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and will be an expert in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, and Access. The work performed requires strong attention to detail, multitasking, and project management skills in the following areas; coordinating all information, administration and events regarding employee reward programs across campus; completing all salary surveys as well as maintaining the salary survey data warehouse used by the Compensation division. Additionally, the individual in this role will be the PeopleSoft Administrator and tasked with creating and modifying all jobs and all attendant data elements in PeopleSoft. This position will support multiple Compensation Consultants.
***Excel and Word testing may be administered to determine level of knowledge***
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.