HVAC Mechanic I - Facilities Management
Categories: Skilled Trade / Engineering
Department: Facilities Mgmt-Utilities-HVAC
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
2. Inspects and adjusts air handlers, pumps, steam valves, electrical and pneumatic control systems, etc.
3. Makes minor and major adjustments and repairs, and performs preventative maintenance work such as repairing water and steam valves, cleaning and oiling machinery, and making minor electrical and/or other repairs to water, gas, and steam pipes, and other equipment.
4. Makes regular patrols through mechanical rooms to record condition and operation of equipment to ensure its being scheduled into preventative program before failure.
5. Performs minor welding and cutting, using acetylene or arc welder.
6. Troubleshoots, repairs and replaces general and laboratory exhaust fan systems.
7. Inspects, dismantles, repairs, and reassembles equipment as directed. Completes tests for chemical control of boiler water, cooling water, and condensate.
8. Provides working supervision to Maintenance Workers assigned to same shift, making work assignments, providing work instructions, and checking completed work.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.