Internal Medicine Staff HR Coordinator - Chairman's Office
Department: Chairman's Office
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
1. Implements and administers policies and procedures developed by various divisions of the UTSW Office of Human Resources. Provides departmental support in all areas of classified human resources including, but not limited to, benefits, employee relations, workers' compensation and leave administration, recruitment, compensation, and organizational development and training.
2. In collaboration with the Division of Employee Relations, works with department staff, supervisors and managers to identify and resolve personnel issues and improve workforce performance and effectiveness. Oversees disciplinary and employee grievance processes. Coaches and trains division administrators regarding employee relations issues, as well as appropriate communications and staff counseling procedures.
3. Coordinates departmental administration and confidential investigation of workers' compensation claims. Oversees departmental processing of FMLA documentation and approvals.
4. Manages departmental processes related to administration of annual merit and classified employee performance evaluation activities. In consultation with the Division of Compensation, provides coaching and guidance to division administrators and faculty regarding appropriate compensation practices.
5. Oversees all departmental classified staff recruitment activities. Monitors status of open positions, and functions as a liaison with the Division of Recruitment, departmental finance office, Budget Office, and Division of Compensation regarding candidate selection, salary offers, negotiating start dates, training, etc.
6. Provides guidance to staff, faculty, and department management regarding implementation of UTSW policies and practices related to human resources activities.
7. Directly supervises administrative support staff tasked with assisting in the coordination of departmental HR activities. Provides coaching, training, and employee development as needed. Completes and maintains employee performance documentation.
8. Provides various reports upon request. May assist with statistical reports.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.