Laboratory Technical Assistant I - Psychiatry Neuroscience
Categories: Research & Laboratory Support
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
High school graduation or GED equivalent, and no experience required.
- Prepares laboratory specimens.
- Assembles and operates standard laboratory equipment.
- Collects and records data which may involve arithmetic computations.
- Prepares standard reagents and culture media.
- Examines experimentally infected laboratory animals to detect and record symptoms associated with variety of animal diseases.
- Weighs, positions, and performs pre-operative shaving of animals.
- Takes vital signs of animals.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.