Manager Registered Nurse UR/DENIALS
Department: University Hospitals
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
2. Provides leadership guidance to the UR Nurses and Denials team. Tracks and monitors accuracy and timeliness of data entered by staff.
3. Provides leadership in Health Services programs, operations, projects, policies and procedures to ensure high quality results. Leads team in assuring resources are optimally used to facilitate patient care goals, appropriate cost and length of stay.
4. Utilizes data research to develop and implement programs to reduce length of stay. Interfaces with and coordinates efforts of admissions, PFS and HIM relevant to concurrent utilization review system. Evaluates, recommends and implements policies procedures related to utilization review system, including appropriate resource utilization and identification of avoidable days.
5. Analyze denials information to identify problems and trends and develop reports/feedback to be presented to Senior Management and Clinical Department leadership.
6. Leads monthly/periodic meetings with focused denial groups as well as Utilization Review Committee.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.