MATERIALS TECHN SR
Categories: Skilled Trade / Engineering
Department: University Hospitals
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
2. Fill supply orders and distribute supplies throughout the hospital.
3. Deliver equipment, make rounds for and decontaminate used equipment as specified by department and hospital.
4. Replenish stocked supplies in correct bin locations, rotating stock and checking expiration date. Shelves and bins are properly labeled. Ensures that no supplies are on the floor, if so remove the items from the unit for disposal.
5. Practices inventory control by assuring all items leaving the department or returning for credit are properly issued and expensed.
6. Responds to phone and fax requests in a timely manner.
7. Assures the accuracy of par orders pulled for or from off-site facility.
8. Able to perform 6 out 9 of the following functions proficiently; Par Scanning, replenish pars, nurse server replenishment, special order support for patient care ordering, order picking (VLM, BMSYS AND Horizontal), receiving, put away and warehouse support.
9. Assists with patient equipment delivery, cleaning and processing.
10. Performs cycle counts.
11. Participates in quarterly inventory, assuring accurate counts.
12. Assists with projects as necessary.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.