MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST - PRN MICROBIOLOGY (NIGHT SHIFT)
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
Department: University Hospitals
Full/Part Time/PRN: PRN
Experience and Education
2. Quality Orientation. Performs all quality control procedures to ensure validity of test results. Evaluates, documents, and troubleshoots quality control according to lab protocols. Takes appropriate corrective action when errors are detected or specimen rejection / recollection is required. Ensures patient specimen stability and proper sample processing. Treat all proficiency test samples according to CAP guidelines and laboratory expectations.
3. Instrumentation. Performs instrument startup and shutdown. Perform and document all maintenance procedures and calibrations, as needed. Evaluates function checks and calibration results. Performs corrective action when necessary.
4. ProductivityEnsures smooth workflow in all areas of the laboratory. Exhibits efficient use of time and resources. Meets expectations for TAT and pending list review. Coordinates daily tasks to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency during the assigned shift
5. AttendanceReports for work on the assigned days at the assigned times.
6. Performs special projects such as evaluation of new reagents, procedures, tests, or other duties as assigned.
7. Achieves a minimum of 10 continuing education hours annually. Continuously seeks knowledge in and outside of functional area.
8. Actively participates in Performance Improvement Activities. Serves on committees and task forces. Orientates and instructs students and laboratory personnel in established clinical laboratory techniques, as required.
9. Performs other duties as assigned. There will be changes to job duties as required.
PRN on night shift, cover some weekdays, weekends & holidays
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.