MONITOR TECHN - ZALE LOCATION
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
Department: University Hospitals
Full/Part Time/PRN: PRN
Experience and Education
2. Interprets EKG strips including rate, rhythm, PR, QRS and QT intervals. Records/interprets strips on all patients at the beginning of each shift to establish a baseline and then as needed for changes or significant events. Does not discharge patient from system until all essential data has been printed and obtains Charge Nurse approval.
3. Keeps telemetry log current. Maintains monitoring equipment and supplies with consideration for cost containment. Demonstrates ability to safely and accurately use all equipment and troubleshoot Telemetry Monitoring Station. Follows infection control and safety policies and procedures.
4. Reports abnormal and critical arrhythmias to RN immediately. Assists with providing complete documentation of strips during resuscitation. Gives report to oncoming shift: rhythm, rate, and any significant changes noted during the current shift.
5. Provides continuous monitoring and obtains coverage when leaving the area. Monitors are never left unattended.
6. Successfully pass the EKG exam (90% or greater) administered by the clinical educator.
7. Assumes accountability for all actions in the workplace. Reports errors promptly.
8. Orients new staff and students to work areas. Collaborates with other nursing staff and hospital employees to create an environment that is conducive to the retention of qualified personnel.
9. Attends at least 80% of scheduled staff meetings and 100% of mandatory educational sessions.
10. Utilizes downtime to assist others and/or to provide additional assistance as requested.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.