MRI TECHNOLOGIST - PRN @ CLEMENTS UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
Department: University Hospitals
Full/Part Time/PRN: PRN
Experience and Education
2. Interview patient (two patient identifier), conducts patient screening, and obtains medical history pertaining to procedure's clinical criteria. Explains procedure and instructs patient on necessary requirements needed to provide diagnostic images. Answers questions/screening concerning procedures and IV contrast for relevant exams. Assists the physician as needed in performing procedures. Ensures that images and records are properly completed with patient identification data and appropriate labeling.
3. Utilizes technical knowledge and skills to perform procedures accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with age specific criteria. Completes exam charges and image documentation in a timely manner. Administers intravenous injections of contrast material as appropriate, observes patients for adverse reactions. Performs MRI ensuring that patient meets safety requirements to MRI contraindications. Assist patient in dressing for exam and attends to patient's physical well-being while transporting to and from exam room and positioning for exam. Instructs/ communicates with patient and/or patient's family (as appropriate) regarding the tests to be performed and evaluates the patient's ability to tolerate.
4. Responds to inquiries/calls/emails in a timely and professional manner. Communicates shift hand off regarding workflow issues with equipment or pending exams with the oncoming staff. Engages in equitable distribution of departmental workloads.
5. Actively participates in providing orientation and training for new hires and students ensuring that procedures are performed according to set standards.
6. Functions in the department as a part of an interdisciplinary team and collaborates in the care and service delivery process of patient care through effective communication with other service lines.
7. Prioritizes exams with scheduling to ensure smooth workflow, minimize wait times, and address stat and urgent requests.
8. Adheres to hospital policies, regulatory compliance, new yearly metrics/department goals, patient satisfaction, and fiscally responsible with regards to equipment, supplies scheduling, overtime, etc.
9. Quality Control - Performs QC testing and reports problems with MRI systems and workstations to the service engineer/biomed, with additional correspondence sent to the physicist and imaging leadership.
10. Maintains various data sets (ex. Baseline scans, 12 month scans, 24 month scans) and archives. Performs data calculations, scoring and statistical analysis while following established QC standards for digital images. Participates in accreditation imaging requirements.
11. Performs post processing on MRI systems and remote workstations. May include, but not limited to, MIPing, MPR, 3-D rendering, qualitative and color mapping for breast imaging, ADC mapping and color mapping of diffusion scans, cardiac analysis to assess cardiac function including ejection fractions and wall thickness, spectroscopy analysis, and calculation of T1 and T2 values.
12. Maintains patient confidentiality and ensures that all processes and procedures are maintained to secure and protect all work stations in all work areas. Must be able to lift 40-50 pounds. Performs other duties as assigned.
13. Research as applicable: Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; b) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
PRN position, department seeks MRI technologist who is open to FLEXIBLE schedule.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.