MSRDP Revenue Cycle Supervisor - Medicine & Ancillary Front End
Categories: Insurance / Billing
Department: MSRDP Front End Revenue Cycle
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
High School diploma plus five (5) years of supervisory experience and 5 years experience working in a clinical revenue cycle environment.
1. Exercises responsibility for establishing, reviewing, and revising internal revenue cycle controls/procedures, and workflow to achieve maximum efficiency and personnel utilization; ensures production and quality control standards are met by reviewing management reports.
2. Reviews and analyzes information, identifies problems, recommends solutions and/or writes reports for management or other personnel.
3. Ensure timely revenue cycle work queue metrics are achieved by their direct reports; assigns workload to meet production requirements; compiles, analyzes and reports status and issues involving all aspects of assigned area; makes recommendations to management to reflect changes by reviewing management reports and other data, identifies conflicts and writes resolutions.
4. Monitor charge entry and charge capture quality control thru routine staff and process auditing; ensure charge reconciliation monitoring occurs by Team Leaders.
5. Maintains performance standards by counseling employees, performing appraisals and providing required training; assists with quality control testing and reporting.
6. Ensures departmental policies and procedures are properly followed; develops and revises policies and procedures as needed; maintains written procedures for workflow by writing or updating procedures as needed; communicates and educates all applicable information to appropriate personnel and affiliated facilities as required.
7. Completes special projects and participates in project groups and tasks force teams.
8. Backs up manager and employees as required during vacations, sickness, transitions or other absences.
Performs other duties as assigned.
This position will supervise daily operations and assist staff with billing relatied questions. Will provide employee and department support, adn identify and report billing related issues.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.