MSRDP Revenue Cycle Team Lead - Medicine & Ancillary Front End
Categories: Insurance / Billing
Department: MSRDP Front End Revenue Cycle
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
High School diploma plus six (6) years progressively responsible work experience in a clinical revenue cycle environment (medical insurance, medical billing, or medical reimbursement). Supervisor experience preferred. Certified Professional Coder (CPC) preferred. Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above.
1. Assists supervisor with planning daily work flow and work distribution; monitoring and maintaining performance standards by ensuring production and quality standards are met; advises supervisor of performance deficiencies; makes recommendations for retraining of employees; advises supervisor of all system and procedural issues which require analysis and resolution and compiles daily production reports for work group.
2. Monitor assigned work queues daily in the electronic billing system, resolving errors and edits, monitors and signs off on staff charge reconciliation and responds to requests for information; work with providers and other staff as needed to resolve errors and release corrected claims.
3. Processes on-line billing interfaces and/or interface edits; identifies and resolves problems as they arise; reviews and/or enters charge forms; reviews and corrects claim edits and denials to ensure proper payment for services rendered.
4. Research and resolve claim correspondence from insurance carriers; investigate patient account questions, etc.; assist Reimbursement Specialist, Billing Coordinator and Billing Specialists as needed.
5. Provides input to supervisor for performance appraisals and personnel issues.
6. Completes special projects that may require defining problems, determining work sequence and summarizing findings.
7. Identifies problems and inconsistencies with federal, state, and private payor claims, and patient charges utilizing various reports; researches problems, summarizes findings and makes recommendations.
Performs other duties as assigned.
This positionis the first line contact in assisting staff with billing questions. This position is essential in reporting billing issues and escalating issues to IR, for their own Team Lead work queues and for ensuring that our 16 billing staff meet the required metrics and is readily available to train employees.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.