Patient Care Technician - Float Pool - FT - Nights
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
Department: University Hospitals
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
2. Reports any changes in a patient's condition or behavior immediately to the nurse. Seeks assistance and guidance as needed to ensure that patient care is delivered in a safe, high quality and effective manner at all times.
3. Responds to patient requests for assistance in a respectful, positive and timely manner. Asks the patient and/or patient's family, "Can I do anything else for you" before leaving the room.
4. Performs basic hygiene care in accordance with the Department of Nursing Policies and Procedures. Checks skin carefully during the bath, reports anything other than normal immediately to the nurse.
5. Makes frequent and ongoing patient rounds to comfort, position, and to provide toileting and hygiene care. Lets the patient know when you will return. Patient rarely finds it necessary to use the call light.
6. Documents patient information accurately and in appropriate place in a timely manner.
7. Transfers, and transports patients safely and in accordance with the Department of Nursing Policies and Procedures, with concern for age-specific considerations. Ensures that patient is covered with robe and/or blankets and that slippers are on feet (even if Transporter is taking patient).
8. Welcomes new patient/patient's family. Knocks before entering room. Smiles and introduces self. Wears name tag. Immediately alerts nurse if patient/patient's family seems or is unhappy and you have not resolved the issue.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.