Pediatric & Adolescent Programs Director - Office of Health System Affairs
Department: Hlth Systm Affrs Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree required, with classes in accounting, management, contracts, and health care preferred. Ten (10) years progressively responsible, related experience to include at least three (3) years in supervisory capacity. Advanced degree or certification in a business, law, or health care preferred.
- Partners with the Associate Vice President to identify, develop, and implement operational business plans, monitor key metrics, and assist in the decision making of the department.
- Participates in the strategic planning to ensure that the developed goals are aligned with the organizational goals.
- Develops solutions to improve current business processes. Establishes and maintains internal controls. Identifies and seizes opportunities to improve operational performance for the department.
- Relieves the Associate Vice President on a wide variety of tasks, which require thorough understanding of the functions, programs, operations, and policies of UT Southwestern and the affiliated institutions with which UT Southwestern collaborates to provide pediatric services.
- Drafts, edits, and reviews documents for consistency, accuracy, and applicability.
- Manages a broad range of complex projects and reports, which may require significant contact with other departments and outside organizations.
- Meets with other UT Southwestern employees to understand and evaluate concerns with clinical operations and relationships with external third parties.
- Plans, negotiates, and problem solves agreements with external third parties.
- Meets with external third parties to discuss and resolve any issues or concerns with the arrangements between UT Southwestern and the external third parties.
- Conducts data gathering, assimilation, and analysis as necessary.
- Performs financial analysis and engages in problem-solving using the analysis to improve operations and coordination of services.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality as appropriate.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and direction to staff members.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.