Physician Communication Coordinator II - Ofc of IR Resources - SW Telephone Consultation Srvc
Categories: Information Technology
Department: IR Telephone Consult Svcs
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
High school graduation or GED, and two (2) years customer service experience, including at least six months UTSW CTCS call center experience, required. Minimum typing/keyboarding speed of 35 WPM required. One (1) year clerical/administrative experience preferred. Experience in a healthcare environment preferred. Proficiency in one or more languages in addition to English, preferred.
- Provides hospital emergency services by activating response teams including, but not limited to code calls, rapid response, internal/ external disasters, blood borne pathogen exposure, neonatal, surveyor notifications, and APOWW.
- Performs specialized program services including Stroke notifications, Tele stroke, LVAD, CATH lab, Angio, Interventional Radiology, and STEMI.
- Assists in coordinating hospital transfers by reporting input to bed control and serving as conference leader.
- Responsible for calls received at the switchboard. Utilizing reference materials to correctly route callers to appropriate person/department/patient room.
- Responsible for paging throughout the facility, including mobile devices, manual paging, and paging through computer messaging system for physicians and staff.
- Provides check outs, pager reassignments, and places long distance calls for physicians.
- Provides after hours answering service for all UTSW clinics including documenting telephone encounters in EPIC, and paging appropriate "on calls".
- Prescreens potential tissue donors for Transplant Services by entering in national database.
- Provides campus information, including mailing addresses, directions, and visiting hours to callers.
- Maintains appropriate logs and records in accordance with established policies.
- Provides access to telephonic interpreter services for callers with limited English proficiency.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific Requirement Must be willing to work 3rd shift; 830P to 630A (10 hour shifts), holidays & weekends.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.