Process Improvement Specialist- Business Affairs
Department: Bus Affrs
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
1. Develop a comprehensive strategy to implement an institutional-level process and quality improvement function at UTSW.
2. Collaborate with leadership to identify and resolve conflicts and barriers to quality and process improvement. Collaborate with business process owners and provide project scoping direction and set up.
3. Apply analytical methods for problem solving and operations improvement utilizing and integrating lean, quality improvement approaches and methodologies. Drive continuous quality improvement by leading and facilitating process improvement task workgroups by utilizing a standard metric driven approach such as Lean Six Sigma.
4. Perform Value Stream Analysis activities including process mapping, data collection and input and analysis, system analysis, problem solving, and testing solutions, implementation and control planning and tracking.
5. Perform Project Management activities such as assisting project teams with Lean tools including developing data collection methods and analysis. Assist with solution implementations and coordinate projects assigned by department leaders.
6. Assist in the development and preparation of reports measuring the effectiveness of improvement activities.
7. Establish and maintain positive relationships with project sponsors, leaders, and team members, as well as administration, faculty and staff.
8. Develop and foster a culture of Lean by collaboration and support of a ¿performance excellence¿ culture. Mentor and/or coach team leaders through project life cycles. Facilitate rapid improvement events and/or kaizen events.
9. Provide coaching and support in Lean methodologies as necessary to Business Affairs departments, as well as other UTSW departments.
10. Provide consultation on the application of Lean principles and quality Improvement tools and techniques to various Business Affairs department leaders, managers, faculty and staff throughout the university.
11. Develop and implement educational programs and materials related to Lean Principles and Quality, group process, and change management, as needed. Collaborate with other Lean coaches and departments as appropriate.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.