Program Coordinator - Internal Medicine - Nephrology
Categories: Administrative / Clerical Support
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, Education/Social Science, or related field, and at least five (5) years experience in appropriate field required.
- Analyzes, coordinates, and evaluates program operation and procedures.
- Develops or oversees development of budget for program.
- Develops, cultivates, and maintains working relationships with internal/external departments/agencies and other organizations associated with and/or receiving benefit from program.
- Establishes program goals and objectives and directs program evaluation and quality control activities; develops and/or approves schedules, priorities, and standards for achieving goals.
- Plans and coordinates special events. Participates in conferences. Presents data and program information.
- Responsible for design, execution, and effectiveness of system of internal controls, which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, and financial information is reliable.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Reads literature and attends functions to keep abreast of relevant scientific and technical developments related to program.
- May provide supervision to staff members.
The UT Southwestern O'Brien Kidney Research Center comprises four biomedical research cores: animal models, physiology, cell biology and imaging, and clinical and translational research. In addition, the Center offers an educational enrichment program consisting of biweekly seminars, an annual research conference, and hands-on training in research techniques.
Plans and coordinates the day-to-day administrative, fiscal, and operational activities for the O¿Brien Center. Serves as a principal liaison and facilitator between faculty, staff, students, other departments and/or external collaborators on day-to-day operational and administrative issues.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events. Facilitates seminars, meetings, and special projects, as required. Writes, edits, and coordinates development of course catalogs, promotional materials, educational materials, newsletters, and/or brochures, as appropriate to the program.Responsible for grant planning and administration, budget management planning, preparation, and management of program budgets and expenditures. Assists with grant and/or proposal writing as appropriate. Collects and analyzes data; prepares scheduled and special reports; maintains program/project records and statistical information. Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate related reports.Highly skilled in the use of personal computers and related software applications including: PeopleSoft, MS Suite, SharePoint, ILab, and Basecamp. General knowledge of communication principles, media, and marketing techniques a plus.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.