Program Coordinator - Office of the Associate Dean for Global Health
Categories: Administrative / Clerical Support
Department: Assoc Dean for Global Health
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, Education/Social Science, or related field, and at least five (5) years experience in appropriate field required.
- Analyzes, coordinates, and evaluates program operation and procedures.
- Develops or oversees development of budget for program.
- Develops, cultivates, and maintains working relationships with internal/external departments/agencies and other organizations associated with and/or receiving benefit from program.
- Establishes program goals and objectives and directs program evaluation and quality control activities; develops and/or approves schedules, priorities, and standards for achieving goals.
- Plans and coordinates special events. Participates in conferences. Presents data and program information.
- Responsible for design, execution, and effectiveness of system of internal controls, which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, and financial information is reliable.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Reads literature and attends functions to keep abreast of relevant scientific and technical developments related to program.
- May provide supervision to staff members.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
- Oversee the management of the Partnership to Develop Injury Research Capacity in Sub-Saharan Africa project.
- Coordinate activities of the sub-contractors and trainees to ensure that the objectives of the project are being fulfilled.
- Consult with donor and UT Southwestern departments as needed to ensure activities under the grant take place according to set rules and guidelines.
- Work closely with sub-contractors and the necessary parties to organize events, interview sessions, conferences etc. as needed.
- Provides support in the development, revision and implementation of the global health curricula.
- Drafts and edits communication and key documents such as presentations; informational brochures; templates for electives; applications etc.
- Liaises between Office of Global Health and various departments on campus; GHIG; Student Government and external stakeholders as it relates to students.
- Coordinates the logistics in conjunction with the Senior Administrative Assistant for workshops, trainings, and events for students and faculty such as the Global Health Share and Learn; information sessions
- Write, edits, and distributes documents related to student/faculty programs and activities
- Maintain regular interface with internal and international external partners.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.