Programmer Analyst I
Categories: Information Technology
Department: Childrens Research Institute
Full/Part Time/PRN: Part-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
High school graduation or GED plus successful completion of vocational training in computer programming and three (3) years experience in computer operation and/or programming, including at least one (1) year experience in computer programming.
- Defines and analyzes problems of limited complexity or assists user personnel in analyzing and defining such problems for computer solutions.
- Determines methods or approaches; creates designs of computer system to accomplish job or selects or modifies existing programs program systems; decides flow of data or information through system.
- Documents procedures for system, computer programmers, and users.
- Assists in implementation of systems and job streams.
- Develops efficient, fast programming techniques and performs moderately complex programming and debugging.
- Assists in estimating resources required for project and planning purposes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.