Psychological Associate I - Psychiatry Mood Disorder
Categories: Research & Laboratory Support
Department: Psych Mood DO
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in area of applied psychology or equivalent graduate education in field, and three years (3) supervised applicable experience in area of psychology to which assigned.
- Administers and scores psychological tests, evaluates test results and prepares reports on test results.
- Participates in clinical and laboratory research in areas such as animal research, child development, physiological and behavioral functioning, etc.
- Assists in management of in-patients and out-patients by carrying out prescribed programs of remedial training and counseling.
- Assist patients to assess their own assets and liabilities through interview techniques and assists in planning and executing rehabilitation programs.
- Attends to routine administrative details inherent in operation of psychological laboratory.
- Provides information and feedback to patients concerning psychological diagnostic and treatment processes in psychiatric, rehabilitation, and medical settings.
- Participates in health team staffing, etc.
- Participates in consultations with personnel of other departments within UT Southwestern Medical Center and affiliates. Acts as liaison with outside public and private agencies.
- Designs and/or constructs test programs and instrumentation for psychological research as well as clinical service purposes.
- Participates in statistical processing of research data and/or constructing, setting up, and maintaining psychological instrumen- tation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The preferred candidate will...
Travel as required to fulfill duties
Deliver mental health education and resilience training programs in partnering middle schools and high schools
Work with schools for logistics of program implementation
Prep materials for program implementation
Document notes on program implementation, protocol deviations, and other relevant information.
Assist in developing and maintaining relationships with community partners
Develop strategies for recruitment into research studies
Attend events in the community to promote and recruit for research studies
Attend weekly meetings
Administer clinical assessments for longitudinal studies on resilience and depression
Ensure safety of study participants
Assist in EEG, MRI, clinician assessments as needed
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.